Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Compassion Pop & Rock

This post isn't about church hymns or contemporary Christian music. Instead, I was trying to remember popular secular songs that projected a message of compassion.......love one another.......love thy neighbor........instead of romantic love. Songs I used to hear on the radio years ago in the Top-40 or Nifty-Top-50, or even compassionate rock or pop songs of today. People need to hear more of this type of message in their everyday lives.

Here are the few that came to mind this morning as I did barn chores:



"He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"
by The Hollies
*********
"Love Is The Answer"
by England Dan & John Ford Coley
*********
"Bridge Over Troubled Water"
by Simon & Garfunkel
**********
"Give A Little Bit"
by the Yardbirds (remade recently by the Goo Goo Dolls)
***********
When more come to mind, I'll add them to the list on this post.
Love one another.........Love your neighbor as yourself..........Just do it!!

No comments: