Monday, October 13, 2014

God Moves in a Mysterious Way


God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy, and shall break
In blessings on your head

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense
But trust Him for His grace
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face

His purposes will ripen fast
Unfolding every hour
The bud may have a bitter taste
But sweet will be the flower

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain
God is His own interpreter
And He will make it plain
_____________________________

Click HERE to read the story of the writing on this hymn.

I see its been over three years since I last blogged here.  My other blog on which I post photos gets more of my attention, but I haven't entirely forgotten about this one.  

No comments: