Saturday, June 23, 2007

Open My Eyes

As a young girl, I loved this simple little hymn. Not much doctrine or theology in it, but certainly the words describe the Christian mindset. Without question we should be open to God's wisdom and leading.....as He opens our eyes, ears, and hearts. This hymn was written in the late 1800's by Clara H. Scott.
*****************************************
Open My Eyes, That I May See
***************
Verse 1:
Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp, and set me free.
Verse 2:
Open my ears, that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear
And while the wavenotes fall on my ear,
Everything false shall disappear.
Verse 3:
Open my mouth, and let me bear
Gladly the warm truth everywhere;
Open my heart, and let me prepare
Love with Thy children thus to share.
Refrain:
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready, my God, They will to see;
Open my eyes/ears/heart,
Illumine me, Spirit divine!
*****************************************************

No comments: